Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Feel Good Box

Sometimes it's hard to come up with fun, creative ideas when you're chasing around little girls (or big girls). One of the things I have enjoyed doing is gathering a "list" of things I can do with my girls when I am having one of those days, weeks, or months where I just don't have the creative juices flowing. As a mother of three young daughters, it is so important to me that I remind myself that they learn a lot from what I do. 

The mother and daughter activity that I pulled out for today's blog is the Feel Good Box idea. I got this idea from American Girl. This is a plan ahead box for when mom or daughter is having a down day or feeling blue. To make this box,  assemble the following items: shoe box, cute, bright,  fun wrapping paper, tape. Decorate the box and box lid by wrapping the paper to it and securing it with tape. Finally, fill the box with things that make you both smile. Add a photo of the two of you, a comic strip, a funny saying, sweet surprises like lollipops or bubble gum, etc. Keep adding to the box over time so that whenever one of you needs it, there is something new inside to lift your spirits. 

Think about it... a simple treasure box that has a wonderful connection to you. An activity you can do together that is inexpensive and priceless at the same time. When we spend quality time with our daughters, we encourage them in an active way to draw closer to us, to trust us, to have fun with us, and to share in our journey together as only a mother and daughter can. So, go get your girl(s) and share this activity with them! Enjoy!

Risherrah

No comments:

Post a Comment